African American women make up less than 1% of the golf industry's work force.
The Black Girls Golf Foundation For Diversity & Inclusion, INC. is a 501(c)(3) on a mission to develop a pipeline of diverse candidates for golf industry careers. We introducing African American, female junior golfers to the career opportunities available in the industry.
Black Girls Golf began offering the Summer Scholars experience in 2017 and established The Black Girls Golf Foundation for Diversity & Inclusion in 2018.
Changing the Face of Golf
The program below was discontnued. We are currently raising funds to re-establish our Summar Scholars Program in summer 2025. In the meantime, your constibution will help us with operations and maintaining the infrastructure to introduce even more girls to careers in golf.
In partnership with the Clemson University PGA Professional Golf Management Program and ONEClemson, we provide an immersive week-long summer experience at Clemson University for girls who have expressed an interest in a career in golf.
Our Summer Scholars stay in Clemson dorms and experience an abbreviated PGA Professional Golf Management Program curriculum which includes:
- Golf Industry – Career Paths, Industry Trends, & Opportunities
- Club Repair, Alteration & Flightscope
- Business Planning Introduction, Intro to SWOT Analysis, Forecast, and Budget Activity
- Laws & Principles of ball flight and swing plane
- Preferences of Golf Instruction
- Player Development Programs
- Intensive hands-on golf instruction